OneFamily Foundation Terms and Conditions
(Effective from May 2017)
These terms and conditions apply to The Foundation and any persons engaging with The Foundation. Potential Applicants and members of the Online Community should read them carefully before making an Application for a Personal Grant, a Nomination for a Community Award or registering for the Online Community. Submission of an Application or Nomination, or registration for the Online Community indicates acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The following definitions have been used throughout this document:
- Customer – means any person who holds a OneFamily policy or product in their own name or any person who is the named parent/guardian for a children’s policy or product where the child is under 18
- Applicant – means a person, satisfying the eligibility criteria for applicants as set out in the relevant sections below, who submits either a Nomination for a Community Award or an Application for a Personal Grant (whether on their own behalf or on behalf of another individual or group)
- Application – means an application for a Personal Grant made on behalf of either the Applicant or another eligible person
- Beneficiary – means the community/organisation responsible for the Project for which a Community Award is being sought
- Nomination – means a nomination of a community Project to receive a Community Award
- OneFamily – means the OneFamily group of companies (being Family Assurance Friendly Society Limited and its subsidiaries), whose website is located at onefamily.com
- Online Community – means the interactive internet facility with which people must register in order to vote or apply for OneFamily Foundation services
- Project – means a specific activity or cause seeking funding by means of a Community Award. Projects are typically self-contained and run or carried out by an organisation for the benefit of its members or users. For example, in a development of an outside play area for a nursery, the development of the play area would be the “Project” that the nursery would carry out with the funding provided by The Foundation.
- The Foundation – means OneFamily Foundation Limited, registered in England and Wales under company number 09176069. Registered Office 16-17 West Street, Brighton, BN1 2RL
Decisions, determinations and exercises of discretion of, by or on behalf of The Foundation and its representatives are final and binding, and The Foundation will not be obliged to enter into correspondence in relation to them.
The Foundation reserves the right to modify or withdraw Community Awards or Personal Grants, or change the timings of the Community Awards or Personal Grants at any time without prior notice.
Entry to and voting in the Community Awards and Personal Grants is only available to people residing in the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland).
More information can be requested by either emailing [email protected] or writing to: The Foundation, OneFamily, 16-17 West Street, Brighton, BN1 2RL.
The Foundation endeavours to deal with all persons with whom it engages fairly and reasonably and with all due diligence and appropriate resource. However, The Foundation accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liability, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered whether as a result of applying for a Community Award or a Personal Grant or otherwise. The Foundation further accepts no responsibility for any damage to any computer or other devices relating to or in connection with The Foundation’s website or any other interaction with The Foundation.
The Foundation will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control.
Nothing in these terms and conditions will exclude the liability of The Foundation for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence or breach of contract.
The Application and Nomination processes for The Foundation are operated by OneFamily.
These terms and conditions set out the rules applicable to the application, nomination and voting processes of The Foundation. Applicants, recipients (including potential recipients) and Online Community members will be bound by these rules and are advised to read these terms before engaging with The Foundation. Any questions or requests for further information should be sent to [email protected].
The Foundation reserves the right to cancel, extend the period of participation or alter in any way whatsoever these terms and conditions. The Foundation cannot be held responsible if, for any reason, the application, nomination or voting process is modified, shortened or cancelled.
The name and county of Community Award winners are available on The Foundation website or can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: The Foundation, OneFamily, 16-17 West Street, Brighton, BN1 2RL.
In case of any dispute, the laws of England and Wales will apply and all parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
The Foundation wants Online Community members to be able to show their support for the nominated community Projects and invites members to do so by commenting on the Project pages on The Foundation website. In doing so, members must adhere to the following basic guidelines:
- Respect the rights and privacy of others
- Report anything which may cause offence
- Report anything suspicious.
- Do not publish comments or posts that:
- Contain personal information
- Include any mention of specific individuals, companies, brands or products for promotion purposes
- Contain any third party trademarks or material including, but not limited to, photographs/images without the express written permission of said third party
- Contain details of or information about specific individuals without their consent
- Contain photographs where permission has not been granted for use in the public domain
- Contain offensive, obscene or sexually suggestive material, propaganda, potentially misleading information, or defamatory or disparaging material
- Contain any material which is not legal, decent, honest and respectful
- Infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party
- Endorse any form of hate, hate group or terrorist activity
- Discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, creed, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law
- Support any particular political party or affiliated group
- Directly promote or speak negatively about any particular faith, political action, legislation or party, or promote or encourage the violation of any law
- Promote any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous
- Relate to controversial subject matter or any subject that is contrary to the interests of OneFamily.
In each case, the above will be determined by The Foundation in its absolute discretion.
The Foundation will endeavour to moderate and review all posts to ensure that they adhere to these basic guidelines. The Foundation reserves the right to correct, delete and/or sanction any comments that it considers to be in breach of these terms.
If members have any questions or concerns about these guidelines or anything posted on The Foundation website, they can email [email protected].
Personal details will be held by The Foundation and OneFamily in order to set up and administer Online Community profiles, and to process any Personal Grant Applications and/or Community Award Nominations.
The Foundation and OneFamily may wish to contact members with information, news and updates about The Foundation, OneFamily and OneFamily’s products and services. The Foundation may also contact past Applicants to find out whether they are interested in participating in future Community Awards or Personal Grants. When registering, members should tick the appropriate box(es) to confirm whether they wish to receive these communications. Members can stop receiving these communications at any time by contacting [email protected]. Members may also unsubscribe from email communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all email communications.
When an Applicant nominates a Project for a Community Award, The Foundation will assume that the organisation leading the Project provides its consent to being contacted regarding the Nomination. If the Applicant is unsure whether the organisation is prepared to be contacted by The Foundation or OneFamily they should seek consent from the relevant individual(s) at the organisation before submitting the Nomination.
Types of Funding
The Foundation provides two types of funding:
- Personal Grants
- Community Awards