OneFamily Foundation 2017 Charity Fund Voting Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions only apply to voting for a shortlisted charity to receive a share of the Charity Fund.
In voting you are accepting these Terms and Conditions.
The Foundation’s aim is to make a positive and meaningful change to the lives of families across the UK by awarding funds to UK registered charities.
Only OneFamily Customers are entitled to vote and the 3 charities that receive the highest number of votes will benefit from the Charity Fund. Potential voters should read these carefully before casting their vote.
The following definitions have been used throughout this document:
- Charity Award – a share of the Charity Fund (average value of £40,000) that may be awarded to a shortlisted charity in accordance with these Terms and Conditions
- Customer – any person who holds a OneFamily policy, product or account in their own name or any person who is the named parent/guardian (registered contact) for a children’s policy, product or account where the child is under 18
- The Foundation – OneFamily Foundation Limited, registered in England and Wales under company number 09176069. Registered Office 16-17 West Street, Brighton, BN1 2RL
- Charity Fund – a fund of money provided by the Foundation and to be distributed to shortlisted charity projects in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- OneFamily – Family Assurance Friendly Society Limited and its subsidiaries, each as defined by section 1162 of the Companies Act 2006),
- Shortlisted Charity – means a UK registered charity, which has applied for funding from the Foundation Charity Fund and has reached the final voting phase.
Changes to voting, shortlisted charities or these terms and conditions
The Foundation reserves the right to cancel the vote, extend the period of participation of the vote or alter in any way whatsoever these Terms and Conditions. The Foundation cannot be held responsible if, for any reason, the voting process is modified, shortened or cancelled.
The Foundation reserves the right to modify or withdraw the shortlisted charities at any time without prior notice.
Decisions, determinations and exercises of discretion of, by or on behalf of the Foundation and its representatives are final and binding, and the Foundation will not be obliged to enter into correspondence in relation to them.
Voting for a shortlisted charity is open to all OneFamily customers. Votes may only be made online at onefamily.com/your-foundation/ charity-fund.
Customers may cast one vote per live policy held in their name or for which they are the registered contact. To cast a vote customers must supply their policy or account number and date of birth.
At the end of the voting period the three charities that have received the most votes will be declared winners.
In the event of a tie, the OneFamily Foundation Executive Committee may be asked to select a winner from the tied charities. The decision of the OneFamily Foundation Executive Committee is final, and will not be obliged to enter into correspondence relating to its decision.
The Foundation endeavours to deal with all persons with whom it engages fairly and reasonably and with all due diligence and appropriate resource. However, The Foundation accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liability, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered in connection with voting for or the determining of a Charity Award.
The Foundation further accepts no responsibility for any damage to any computer or other devices relating to or in connection with The Foundation’s website or any other interaction with The Foundation.
The Foundation will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control.
The voting processes for the Charity Fund are operated by OneFamily. The Foundation shall be responsible for monitoring the vote and issuing the Charity Awards.
The name of Charity Award winners will be available on the Foundation website at midday on 29th November 2017 or can be obtained from us by post on request by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: The OneFamily Foundation, 16-17 West Street, Brighton, BN1 2RL, after this date.
More information about the Charity Fund can be requested by either emailing [email protected] or writing to: The OneFamily Foundation, 16-17 West Street, Brighton, BN1 2RL.
How we use your information
All information captured as part of the voting process will be used to
- verify that you are a customer of OneFamily and eligible to vote
- generate a total number of votes and identify the winners of the Charity Awards
- improve our understanding of what our customers need, customer participation and the effectiveness of our communication methods (using name, date of birth, products held, details of your location and the way you have voted)
Security of your data
The privacy and the security of your personal information is very important to OneFamily. We will not seek to obtain or hold information about you which is excessive for our purposes.
To whom do we disclose your data?
OneFamily will not sell, license, trade, or rent your personal information collected for the purposes of the vote to other partners or third parties.
OneFamily may share information collected through your vote in conjunction with existing information held by OneFamily about you with a third party commercial partner. This is to better understand customer participation in the vote e.g. to see if customers in certain geographical locations are more likely to vote for a Charity Award than in others.
Retention of data
This information will be retained for no longer than 6 months.
How to contact us
By email: [email protected]
Attn: Data Protection Officer
16-17 West Street
You may request (in writing) details of the personal information that OneFamily holds on you and the purposes for which it is held. Your request will be met within 40 days and OneFamily will usually provide such details to you by way of a photocopy or computer printout. Provision of such information may be subject to an administration charge (as permitted by the relevant legislation).
Please put “Subject Access Request” in the subject to help us get your request to the right person.
OneFamily operates the site on which the Charity Award voting page sits:
This site is hosted inside the EU.
Access to and use of the voting page is governed by OneFamily’s Terms and Conditions of the OneFamily websites:
23917 001 10.2017